Thursday, January 1, 2015

"Peru" is difficult to Access

"Peru" is difficult country to access for me. Consulate of Peru rejected my Business Visa Request twice. Both the times it brought me disappointment but a lot more on second time because the reasons given are illogical; looked like they did not like my passport.

First Attempt - January 2012: I was working in Mexico and my employer wanted me to visit Peru for a month to help out Peru team. Documents were arranged, consulate was contacted and file was submitted. Normal processing time for Business Visa was one week and after waiting for a week, I was informed that company missed to add a important piece of paper and visa was not approved. Disappointment does not end here, but they put a black annoying stamp on passport mentioning "ANULADO" in big words. The rules also mention that I can not apply visa again for next six months. My boss was angry with me; he said why did not Tourist Visa was applied for a short trip?

                                                   Annoying Stamp on my Passport
Everyone asks reason for this stamp whenever I apply visa of any country or I pass the immigration even in my home country.

Second Attempt - December 2014:

Almost two years had passed; I was working in Bolivia this time. "Peru" popped up again, my visit was planned for one month on a Business Visa. I was careful this time so took every precaution in documentation. Documents were arranged with extra care; legalization from immigration and Notarized Invitation letter from Peru gave me a hope of success.

Visa was applied and processing time was three-four days. I was confident but Consulate informed me that they need more time because of ghost of annoying stamp on my passport. Two weeks later they refused me politely and reason was given that "because it was rejected in Mexico so Lima officials did not approved my Business Visa". Disappointment!!




I decided to apply for Tourist Visa to visit Machu-Picchu. Let us see what happens!!




1 comment:

  1. Your blog was very intresting with full of informative which is going to helpful for all those who are willing to leave to abroad. i really appreciate your effort.
    kumar tours and travelling is now offering the best services as h1 visa consultants Hyderabad.kumar tours are the India's Cheapest International Tours and Travelling company well known as h1 visa consultants in Hyderabad
    for more details click on this link: b1 visa hyderabad

    ReplyDelete