Sunday, November 30, 2014

Flowers not Delivered. shopping.indiatimes.com provided bad service.

It was my wife's birthday and I decided to gift Fresh Flowers. Googling gave a lot of options to deliver fresh flowers. Many websites popped up and so brought up confusion. Google also have the solution for this dilemma. A quick check of "ranking" of websites helped to find out bigger players in this business. But the bigger players only provided services in big cities. A simple option to enter Postal Pincode, showed reach of companies and my city was not covered by so called big players.

One of the website was quick to start online chat. As soon as I opened the website, executive initiated chat, asking for preferences and suggestions. I finalized the flowers and started to process the order but Paypal could not complete the transaction. A thought came in my mind to do a quick check for credibility of website. A simple query on google resulted in many reviews and feedback written by customers. Website did not delivered package many times or delivered wrong package. Feedback mentioned that Customer Care executive were not so supportive and emails and phones got unanswered for complaints. I put question about this behavior to the Chat executive and she closed the chat and disappeared. I thanked god for saving me from crooks.

I continued my search and found that shopping.indiatimes.com have options to deliver flowers at my city location. Indiatimes is a reliable name in market so I thought that there is no need to do further probe of the credibility. I selected the flowers and put the order and date of delivery. My imagination showed me prospective happiness on my wife's face.

Flowers were not delivered on expected date. I send a query to know the status of my package which was not answered. After three days there was an update that package has been dispatched and consignment number will be issued soon. It was disappointing to see such a late dispatch of package. Anyways, I do not have options but to wait. Website showed that package was delivered next day but no such delivery happened. I raised the issue of non delivery and asked for refund of my money. Website registered the issue, apologized for non- delivery and informed that they will arrange delivery. I pushed for refund and they refunded me the entire amount after more than a month.

Here is chronology of events:

November 19: Order Date
November 20: Expected Order Delivery Date
November 24: "Order Delivered" But no such delivery happened
November 26: Case Opened
December 6: "Case Resolution Date" but no such resolution happened
December 27: Money returned and Case Closed

Customer Service Rating: Lack of proper communication with customer. No proper feedback mechanism. Overall the rating is "poor"

They returned my money after a long followup so they are honest in money terms.Attached are my order details:










No comments:

Post a Comment