Monday, May 5, 2014

Police Clearance Certificate (PCC), Haryana

Police Clearance Certificate (PCC), Haryana

PCC can be obtained from Passport office and District Police Office. PCC requirements from Embassy does not mention the source of Certificate. So I believe it is up to applicant to decide which PCC they want to use. PCC from passport office is easy and procedure is similar to applying for a Passport. 

I decided to apply for PCC at local Police Office for ease of process and cost involved. But later I found out that it was not so easy. There are two kinds of PCC one with Photo and other without Photo. The cost difference between two is Rs 300. Certificate with Photo costs 500 Rs while other was for 200 Rs. District's Police Office or SP- Office issues PCC certificates.

I did not knew that a file has to be prepared with many documents in it. I approached to Agent to help me to prepare the file. Here are the documents list.

i) Application Form (Sample is attached)
ii) Affidavit on Rs. 10 stamp paper mentioning Address, Passport Details, DOB, character and country of visit
iii) Two Address proofs duly attested by Notary
iv) OCF (Online Challan form) for payment proof. Payment to be submitted at State Bank of India, Branch

Police Clearance Certificate (PCC) Sample Form

Affidavit and OCF cost me Rs 200. Agents in complex overcharged me for two documents. This kid of loot happens when procedures are not clearly mentioned.

I submitted the form, same day after payment. Officer told me to wait till an inquiry team from Concerned office will contact me for verification.

An Officer from Local Police Station called me for verification. They need two neighbors for address verification. My neighbors helped me out in this situation. Officer completed file and sent back to Security Branch office.

Security Branch issued me Certificate in next morning. Whole process tool 5 working days to complete.

Authorization of PCC for International Visa Process

Authorization means stamping of PCC by relevant authorities to get it accepted by International Agencies like Embassies or InterPol. The first process is to get a forwarding letter by district SDM. Here are the steps.

i) Application Request to SDM office for Forwarding Letter
ii) Initial Check by Dealing Clerk.
iii) Re Authentication from Issuing Department (Security Branch of SP Office)
iv) Stamping and Signature by SDM

It is a two day process. SDM office will issue a letter to Home Department to validate the Certificate. 

In my case it was Haryana Secretariat office in Chandigarh. It is better to reach early to Secretariat. If everything goes fine, officers are available, document can be authenticate the same day. "Under Secretary to Home Department" is given responsibility to sign the documents.

Last process is, authorization from MEA. Details of process are given at below mentioned link.
http://www.mea.gov.in/legalization-of-documents.htm

For any questions or issues, please feel free to comment. I hope the blog is helpful to peoples.



No comments:

Post a Comment